Wednesday, December 8, 2010

IWP#2

                       12/2/10
     What?!   
Independent Writing Piece by Jonathan Guzman

I’m Bill Galaxy an 8th grade senior who goes to Interesting Flight Middle School in New York City and I am an only son. It is December 6, 2010 and I am getting ready to go to a 8th grade only school for a school trip to the Historical Philadelphia Past House. Well, I wouldn’t consider it a house, if not, a museum. The only reason why I’m going is because It is a trip to Philadelphia where my friend Greg said it would be to a haunted house and that it would freak me out to the point I’ll pee in my pants. I don’t really believe in ghosts, so I am going just to prove that ghosts are just lies, and made up stories. For the past week or so my homeroom teachers have been giving me loads of paperwork that require health information, parent permission, etc. I find these paperwork annoying, why? Well, because they have a lot of security, It’s not like we’re going to risk our lives in that “haunted house”. Anyway, at this instant I am getting ready to go to this school trip which I’d say it is mostly all day since we are leaving at 6:30 in the morning and coming back literally in the morning, which is at 11:30.
“You ready to go”, said my mom.
“Yeah, at least I think so”, I said
“OK then, hurry up because they’ll leave you if you’re late”
“Mhhmm...let’s go then”
My mom and I exited the house and ran towards the nearby train station to get on the on train. We walked down the dirty steep stairs of the train station, we swiped through the Metro Card machine and went down the next flight of stairs. When we were on the station we patiently waited for the train. Not to far away from us was this crazy homeless guy he was going around insulting and screaming randomly at people, he then got steps closer to us.
“Hey....you people are stinky like skunks!”, said the homeless guy to my mother and I.
My mom ignored these types of things most of the time because she just thinks those things are just silly and that it was a waist of time and words to insult back. On the other hand, I’m not the type of person that can control myself when I get insulted. I was right about to respond to him and say something like “You shouldn’t be talking, at least I have cleaner clothes”. But no, I decided to control myself and not insult back because he is probably not even conscious of what he is saying and doing. And Anyway, he really was homeless and it would really hurt him to make fun of him by just saying that he is poor. As the one train arrived to the station, the man was going up the station stairs, I turned around and gave him five dollars (I have to say that is the first time I actually felt kind for doing a good deed). I rushed to get into the train with my mom, the train doors closed, and the train started moving. I know that the homeless man was glad to receive money.
The train is really crowded and I hate when this happens because someone always has to shove in the train cab to make room. Most of the time I get hit in the face by someones elbow or their purse. I see as the train ran through the street stations and the weird huge thuds it does as the train hits the railroad. The train arrived on my stop and my mom drove me towards the school.
“I think we’re late mom”, I said
“No, we still have like ten minutes to get there”
“Mhhmm”
When we got to the school the school buses were already mostly loaded with kids and it seems like I was the only one missing. I quickly got on the bus and all 5 teachers 39 eighth graders were on the bus, which basically made me number 40. The bus turned on it’s engine and started driving slowly, I waved at my mom saying goodbye, and the bus left. On the bus I had nothing to do so I decided to talk with my friends, Greg, Robert, and Eric.
“So.... you ready to pee in your pants”, said Greg.
“Ready to squeal like a mouse” said Eric.
“Ready to run away and scream for mercy!” said Robert
“Nah...nothing of that will happen”
“Sure it won’t”, said Greg
I really don’t like having to sit on a bus for an hour so I decided to sleep. My eyes are  fading away quickly, I see black shadows closing my view down, my body is paused, I feel... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz................
“Billy.....Billy wake up we’re here”, said Greg
“Huh.....Wha?, Wha?,What?”, I said
“We’re in Philly”
“Oh snapples!”
“That is the Historical Philly Past House”, said Robert mysteriously as he pointed at the house.
“Whoa!.....That’s a huge house!”, I said
The grade had to split into groups of 8 and it ended up being 5 groups. Oh great!, I ended up being with Greg, Robert, Eric, these other strangers that I don’t even talk to them. OK, let me explain, I don’t mind going in with some strangers, what I do mind is entering with my three best friends because then they are going to try to scare me or place a prank on someone else, and anyway they’ll probably ditch me in some dirty pit inside any of the rooms. The house was on a hill so the groups had no other choice but to go up the hill. You don’t know how much I hate going up hills, and especially hills like this one, with prickly trees, wet and slippery leaves, and other things that I would consider “Traps” or “Guards”.

We pushed the humongous doors open and heard as the cracks and huge screech of the doors. When we all entered the doors shut behind us.
“Squeak!”, said Greg
“Ahem!.....I thought you said you weren’t scared”, I said
“I’m not....he..he”, said Greg as he shook
“And anyway the doors closing by themselves is just the wind....... right?”, said Greg
“Or was it?.....you never know if it was a ghost”
You should have seen Greg, he was completely freaked out and the “show” had not started yet. My other group members didn’t even brake a sweat, well maybe it’s just a matter of time before they actually do get scared.
“You scared yet”, said Robert
“Nah.... And it is about 98 percent sure that I won’t get scared this whole trip”
The first place our group went to was the dinner table. We walked around and every body expected something to happen, and guess what, nothing did happen. I had a feeling this would be the most boring trip ever.
“Hey look!.... that door is opening alone!”, said Eric
The whole class had looked and it was just a joke that Eric did to scare the students and the teacher.
“Stop that!”, said a girl from our group
What did I tell you?, I told you one or all of them would play a joke/prank on someone. I know them, and that they are those type of silly people. Anyway, since we noticed no abnormal movements or anything we went to the living room. The living room was really cool and had lots of sofas and a Television. We all decided to sit when we heard a thud.
“What was that”, said Greg
“It was probably someone from the other groups who fell”, said a boy member of my group
“Oh....yeah....It was probably...that”
I decided to get up and reach for the remote and as I walked back I saw my whole group with these scared look on their faces.
“What?”
“Be....hind......you”
I turned around and saw the TV literary floating in mid-air. The TV turned on and a video started to play. I sat down with the others and we watched it, the man on the video seemed to be the owner and ghost who haunts and owns the house. The TV turned of and fell, the screen broke the button rolled off, and the cable of the TV got disconnected. Our group slowly got up and took some steps. The teacher tried to open the door, but it wouldn’t budge. The whole group contributed to open the door up but still, even their effort was useless. I then kicked the door, while everybody sighed. Suddenly, the door opened, and the person who opened it was a ghost.
“Ummmmmmm.......... Ahhhhhhhhh!, I screamed then ran.
“Run! Run! Run!”, said the teacher as she stayed behind making sure everybody else ran away.
We soon were in the main entrance and I took a quick count of everybody.
“One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, and the teacher......where is the teacher?”
“I thought she was running at the end of our line”, said Eric
“Does that mean she got....caught?”, said Greg
“I don’t know but we are teenagers and we can take care of ourselves”, I said.
I lead the class to continue the trip and It seemed like if nobody else was In the house except us eight because it was so quiet. We entered a huge bedroom and we all spread out to look around.
“Everybody, don’t go to far in the room unless it’s with the whole group”, I said
The group seemed not to listen to me, they had gone all over the room. Robert decided to lay down on the bed and take a short nap as we all looked for any information or clues how to get out. Trust me, this was the most dusty bedroom I’ve ever seen. This wasn’t nothing like mine, with shining furniture, beautifully colored walls, etc. Anyway I decided to call the group to gather up to exit.
“OK kids, let’s go”
The people gathered and I took a quick count. We were missing someone! I looked around and saw that Robert was missing.
“Does anybody know where Robert is?!”
“The last time I saw him was on the bed”, said Greg
“Me too”, said Eric
“Me three”, said a girl
“OK....then I guess we’ll...just get going”, I said
Across of the bedroom we were in was a big, thick, purple curtain we pushed it and noticed a dark staircase.
“Coooooool!....”, said a boy
“Let’s go down there.....unless you people are scared”, he said following up his last phrase.
“No we shall not go down there”, I said

As usual nobody listened to me and continued the exploring. Going down the staircase was nearly impossible. The floors were sticky, there was no light at all, and the walls and stairs were made out of wood. Our group saw a light to the basement. When we arrived there were only 3 people!
“How could have they just disappeared?”, said Greg shaking more than ever.
“................”, the other boy was speechless.
Anyway, we continued for our survival journey through the house. I would say the vacant was under construction because there was tools set up and the place was dirty. We then decided to go upstairs and luckily this time nobody disappeared. We heard a plate shatter noise and decided to go to the dinner table again. Greg and I took a peek and saw people, not regular people, if not ghosts. The ghosts look like they were having dinner and they were talking, only that we couldn’t here their conversation. We decided to huddle up when we were missing another member! The last ones of our group were Greg and I. We both peeked into the dinner table again and it was empty. We entered the room and looked around for the people, nothing was found.
“What just happened”, said Greg
“I don’t know but I do admit I’m scared”, I said
As I opened shelf the plates on the table started floating, guess what happened next?
The plates fired at us like gun bullets and they fired so fast that a blow of those plates would probably be deadly. We were lucky enough to exit and not get hit by a plate. Greg walked down the hallway by himself and found something.
“Look what I found!”
“What is it”
“A blackberry phone”
“Let me see......It seems to have a text message from a teacher”
“It says that they were taken by these pitch black shadows”
“That means it’s only us two in this house”
“uh huh”
We looked down the stairs when we saw a black shadow coming right at us. We ran as fast as we could and it caught Greg’s leg. I saw as he disappeared little by little.
“Run for your life”, those were the last words of Greg to me.
I ran to the main entrance and tried to open the doors, it wouldn’t budge. I saw the windows and planned to break through them. It was like those movies that they go slow motion when it was an epic moment. Unfortunately, this wasn’t the case for me. The glass ended up being those types of extremely thick glass. When I ran to it I ended up hitting myself on my head. As I was hurt on the floor the shadow rushed to me and............it got me...............
“Awwwww....Where am I?”, I said
It seemed as I appeared in the middle of the hill leading to the house. The whole other grade and teachers were all there too, only except that they were unconscious. I got a couple of people up and they helped me with the others. We all went down the downhill and got on the bus. The bus accelerated and drove away.
“That was freaky!”, said Greg
“I don’t understand how this all happened.”, I said
“Well we sure learned a lesson”, said Robert
“Not to mess with ghosts” said Eric
“No....To believe in ghosts”






No comments:

Post a Comment